Registration information / Bookmaker registration
What is a bookmaker?
A bookmaker takes bets, calculates odds and pays out winnings on a greyhound race.
In order to attend greyhound race meetings in NSW, a bookmaker must be registered with the Commission. Either an individual or a proprietary company may apply for registration as a bookmaker. However, in proprietary companies that apply, each company director must be a registered bookmaker.
|This registration allows you to:||This does not allow you to:|
- Must be aged 18 years or over
- National Police History Check (completed by the Commission on applicants behalf. Cost of check included in the registration fee)
- Copy of driver’s licence or passport
- Copy of current drivers licence or passport
- Copy of two other forms of identification
- Colour passport style photograph
- Names of employees and close associates
- Licence to conduct wagering at NSW greyhound tracks
- Estimated turnover
- Lodge a Guarantee
How long will the application take to process?
Upon receiving your complete application, we aim to process it within 10 business days. Please note that applications submitted by post may be significantly delayed.
How can I apply?
Download a copy of the Bookmaker (Individual) application here.
Download a copy of the Bookmaker (Company) application here.