GWIC updates / 2 April 2019: EOI now open for trainers interested in joining the Racing Injury Review Panel
The Commission is seeking expressions of interest from trainers who are interested in participating on the Race Injury Review Panel.
A representative pool of professional trainers will be invited to sit on the panel on a rotating basis. Trainers are being sought as they can bring a unique perspective on the preparation and exercise regimen of racing greyhounds, and the history of rearing practices, spelling, treatments and nutritional aspects.
To be considered trainers must meet the criteria below;
- Local NSW trainer for at least 5 years
- Professional greyhound trainer
- No previous welfare rule breaches or convictions
- No recent (2 years) prohibited substance rule breaches
- Regularly races at, at least 3 different tracks in NSW
- Involved in breeding or rearing would be an advantage
- Passionate about improving the welfare outcomes in the greyhound industry and ensuring the sustainability of the industry
- Concerned with improving public confidence in greyhound racing through transparency
- Amenable to working alongside GWIC and GRNSW to achieve a reduction in the incidence of racing injuries
- Able to put aside self-interest and work co-operatively and represent all trainers and the greyhound industry’s best interests
To express interest, please email a one page resume to email@example.com outlining why you would like to be included, detail on how you meet the criteria and why you think you’d be a good fit to participate on the panel.
Expressions of interest will close 30 April 2019.